Tuesday, March 19, 2019

A Blast From The Past. || Miss Eniola Akindele || Episode Two.

A Blast From The Past.
By: Miss Eniola Akindele
Episode Two.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sarah's voice brought Mary back to planet earth.
Ma!
Mary jerked, sorry, what was it you were saying?
I said there's a call for you on the second line from one Mr Etim ma'am.
That's my lawyer and please tell Sam to go pick that devil from school
Devil? Sarah asked
Yes devil! Mary shouted, slamming her fist on the table.
I don't understand ma.
Idiot! Just fetch Sam for me.
Okay ma, Sarah hurriedly left her office.

Hello Mr Etim
Hello Mrs Justice, I was just about to bri..
Please don't call me that, Mary said, cutting him short.
I'm Mary, just Mary.
Mr Etim laughed over the phone
I understand you're anxious to get this over and done with but until the divorce papers is signed by both of you, you still bear Mrs Justice.
As i was saying, Mr Etim continued..
The papers are ready
What papers?
Your divorce papers ma'am.
Oh! Mary smiled feeling excited
So should i drop them at your office or come straight home?
The word 'home' hit Mary like a rock.
She remembered a particular hymn they often sang together, "God give us Christian homes"
Well, that home is about to crash.
Hello, Mrs Justice are you still there?
It is not in a man that walketh to direct his ways. Hand it over to me Mary, let me heal you, let me heal your home
The ever soft, ever comforting known voice spoke to Mary.
No!
No? What do you mean?
I'm sorry i wasn't talking to you, bring the papers to the house.
Mary deliberately avoided the word 'home'
Okay then expect me by 4pm and he hung up
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Madam, you say make them call me.
Yes, it's 2pm already, you know what to do
Sam smiled.
Madam no need for me to go again.
And why is that? Mary asked
Oga don go pick bayo hinsef.
Mary looked up from her desk and gave him the most hateful look of the century.
Sorry madam, i min oga don go pick devil hinsef.
Better! you can go, dismissing him with a wave of her hand.

So he even had the guts to pick that devil up, after the the sorrow he brought upon us.
Foolish man, i wonder what i saw in him in the first place, mtchewwww good radiance to bad rubbish!



Dear readers, all I see is hate, hate, hate and regrets!
Why is she so hateful?
What really happened to the love Mary professed for her husband?
The verse: to love and to cherish till death do part. Did it make any meaning to her at all?
Let's find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you