Friday, March 22, 2019

A Blast From The Past || Eniola Akindele. || Episode Five.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why aren't you doing anything Lord? Bernard asked
Because you're fighting it yourself
I'm not, I'm just trying to bring Mary back to her senses.
Son, she's hurting so bad, you denied her the whole truth about your mistakes and you haven't even handed it all to me
I have, I asked you to please end this war
Yes you did but regrets and hate fills your heart.*
That hate has rendered your prayers useless. You hate yourself for the decision you made years back and unforgiveness lurks within your soul
But father, your sacrifice is a broken heart and a contrite spirit
True, but you've dwelt too long on your mistakes, I forgave you a long time ago, you need to forgive yourself.
How can she forgive you when you haven't forgiven yourself, let go of those regret son because I do not condemn you
I'm your God, the God of all flesh, is there anything too hard for me to do?
No Lord.
Good
Smiling to himself, Bernard turned on his side, closed his eyes and basked in the comfort of the Holy-Spirit knowing fully well that God had taken over the battle.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bernard was dishing out breakfast when he heard his name.
Mr Bernard, can i see my mommy today?
Ben turned back and lifted the boy up in his hands.
Yes you can but first, no more Mr Bernard. I'm your dad so you get to call me daddy.
Really?
Yes really.
But Mrs Mary will be mad.
O no, she won't because you will have to call her mommy too.
Bayo's face lit up with laughter.
So i have two mommies?
Yes you do.
Both father and son laughed heartily and ended with high fives.
Now let's get this food to the dining before mommy wakes up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mary heard noises and decided to check what was going on.
Sighting Mary, Bernard greeted, Morning hon.
Good morning ma..followed a tiny voice.
Morning.. Mary replied.
Are the papers signed yet?
I made us breakfast, i'm sure you must be famished, though it doesn't look good but trust me it taste great. Bernard said beaming with smiles.
Bayo chuckled and coughed twice.
I'm a great cook, been cooking way before you were born, boy.
Mary couldn't help but smile, quickly, she adjusted when Bernard caught her.
*See?* the gentle voice whispered.
Bernard walked up to his wife and held her face in his hands.
It's a free world Mary, smile and be happy.
Mary jerked his hands off her face and walked away.
Still smiling, Bernard took his car keys, held bayo by the hand and shouted after Mary.
See you soon hon!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What has come over this man? Mary asked herself as she cleared the mess her husband had made in the kitchen.
What happened to him overnight?
He cried like a baby yesterday and today I see a glowing man.
Mary smiled at the joke he made at the dining.
He's such a terrible cook.
She let out a laugh as she remembered the meal her husband over salted while they still courted.
Is this man trying to play games with me?
Abi he has signed those papers ni?
No, he said he loves me too much.
Marcy glanced at the dining.
There's no way I'm eating that food.
Try it
She knew that voice.
She missed that voice.
That gentle voice has been quiet and rarely spoke.
But today he did and she wondered why.
*Try the food*
He spoke again.
Mary smiled and headed for the dining.




Dear readers, don't assume, assumption is risky, Don't assume God knows.
He actually knows, He sees, He hears, hears what you have to say.
Bernard handed over the worries and God gave his peace and assurance.
When we learn to talk to God about everything He already knows..He gives us peace in that storm.
You will loose sight of the storm and all you will see is Him!
So, will Mary still stay with her husband?
Does she even still want the divorce?
I'm guessing...

Find out from the next episode...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you