Friday, March 22, 2019

A Blast From The Past || Eniola Akindele || Episode Seven

Mary's thought was interrupted by her secretary.
Ma'am, Mr Etim is here to see you.
Let him in please.
Hello Mary, Etim greeted.
Mary looked up, suprised at the sound of her name.
O don't be surprised, I thought you preferred Mary to Mrs Justice.
Yes but I'm still married to him.
Okay then.
Speaking of marriage, has he signed it yet?
No, he refused to sign.
Mary's thought began to drift again.
What's on your mind?
Never mind, it's my problem.
C'mon Mary, you know I care, your problems are mine too. If this is about your husband then don't get yourself worked up because it will be over soon.
Etim stood and walked over to Mary's side, held her hands and pulled her up.
So tell me, what's bothering you?
Fine! He didn't come home last night nor the night before, he took his son out on saturday and since then, he hasn't showed up.
Are you worried?
No, why should I?
Lies, you're lying Mary
I'm just curious, it's unlike him, I know my husband, he'll never spend a night out let alone two.
Etim smiled.
Don't worry about him, he probably needs some time alone.
Maybe you're right, she added.
You look exceptionally beautiful today.
Thank you.
Stop this, you know this is wrong. the voice whispered to Mary.
Etim kissed her right hand.
You're welcome dear.
Mary this is wrong, listen to me, I will not allow you to be tempted above what you can bear.
Etim moved closer, sliding his hands round her waist and locking them.
You know I've always admired you.
Marriage is honourable and the bed undefiled but whoremogers and adultrers I will judge.
Mary began to feel unease.
She carefully removed his hands.
I'm still married to Ben.
For the first time in forever, she heard herself call her husband's name.
No need to worry Mary, we both know I want you badly, like so bad.
No! Just stop please!
Sorry to disturb you ma, Sarah said.
What is it?
One Miss Wura wants to talk to you.
Mary frowned.
That witch! What does she want?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's been forty-eight hours since Wura called, informing Mary about her husband's accident. She paced up and down the living room as Wura's words echoed in her ears again.
Your husband is in the same hospital with me and he's badly injured but Bayo is okay, he wants to see you.
Mrs Justice, I'm sorry about how you feel and I just to let you know that, I'm sincerely sorry.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So he went to the hospital that day to be with his first love?
Will you just stop this drama?
I just knew he was up to something!
No Mary, he choose to go because of Bayo
And how do you know that?
Because I'm the Spirit of truth
Truth? Mary asked
Yes
Then why haven't you revealed the truth about what's going on?
Because you never asked me.
It hit Mary hard, it's true, I haven't bothered asking you about it, with that, she went on her knees and prayed.
I'm sorry for shutting you out Lord, I'm sorry for being so mad and hurtful. I was pained Lord, he cheated on me and made a foul of my trust and love for him.I don't believe Ben.
Please reveal the truth to me, please Lord.
I will instruct you in the way you should go.
She smiled.
Rise, go see your husband and there I will revel the truth you so seek.
Quickly, Mary grabbed her purse and keys and dashed out.


Remember, never, ever, shut out the One who is able to save and to deliver.
What needless pain she bore, things wouldn't have gotten worse if she'd just asked and then forgiveness would have been easy on her part.

Next episode coming right up...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you