Friday, March 19, 2021

You Promise Not To Laugh After Reading This Experience?

Okay.

So, here's my story.


She walked into the banking hall, busy bank as usual just this Friday, her pointed shoe announcing her arrival minutes before you saw her.


She wore that kind of dress that convinces you that heaven is missing an angel.


The aroma of her perfume would easily finish a bowl of eba for its sweetness.


And the phone which she gingerly held to her ear, without minding the security guy frantically waving at her that calls are not allowed in banking halls, will cost a small fortune.


She stepped forward, picked a deposit slip and searched frantically for a pen.


About five guys offered her their pens but, shame to bad people, she took mine maybe because I was closest to her.


After a while, or a long while because time stood still, she stood up and inched closer to me.


She whispered: "Please can you spell 'thirty' for me?"


I looked down at her deposit slip in surprise.

She had written: 'tarty tausanh'!


Olodumare!!!!!!



7 comments:

  1. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. 🤣🤣🤣 what the..... Don't judge a book by its cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I promised not to laugh before I started reading... I won't laugh ooo

    You must return my data since I can't laugh here 🤭🤭🤭

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I love this. But before we judge her, can we make sure she had an opportunity for education as most of us did? Or when did it become a rule that one must be able to speak good English before they can dress well and look good?

    We are used to seeing uneducated folks dress as though they're homeless, and the first day we meet someone who defies that expectation, aren't we supposed to be proud of them?

    I've lived in villages and have met amazing young men and women with little or no formal education. Does that mean such people cannot come to the city, dress well and be a part of the society too?

    If we have a habit of simply writing people off like that, then all we're saying is that there's no other good about them because they cannot read or write.

    If I had the opportunity to meet a person like that, I'd definitely want to know where she came from and what's her background like. Then I'd start thinking about how she could be helped and engrafted into the society of the learned, if possible. I believe that's the noble thing to do.

    ReplyDelete


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you