Friday, March 22, 2019

A Blast From The Past || Miss Eniola Akindele || Episode Four.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wuraola laid still on the hospital bed and remembered how she finally found Bernard's home address, how she waited outside their gate with Bayo for Bernard on a hot sunday afternoon. She remembered the look on his wife's face when she presented bayo as their son.
O God, what havoc have i caused in their home now?
*You did the right thing dear.*
She remembered her own very words.
Copper Justice, I know you're not expecting to see me ever again but there's nowhere i can put your son..our son.
I'm sick and i need you to please take and keep Bayo, he's yours.

O Lord, can Bernard's wife ever accept Bayo?
Bayo needs a home and why drop him in an orphanage when he still has a father.

With Wura's closed eyes, the memory of how she left okutun village flooded her mind , her mother had insisted she finished her education in the city and unknowing to her, she left the village with Bernard's little seed growing in her, left without saying goodbye to copper Justice.
She opened her eyes to look at her pale palm and wondered why God has decided to cut her life short.
*I'm your refuge and strength Wura.*
Yea right!
Strength indeed, I'm here and my son is in that house with a woman who would never accept him as her own.
*Is it not I that worketh in man both to will and do my good pleasure?*
And when exactly will that be Lord?
I don't want Bayo to suffer, just restore my health and I'll be able to take care of my son myself!
*Wura, It is good for you to hope and quietly wait for my salvation.*
I'm waiting, I don't have a choice, just please fight for me.
*I am, just hold your peace*
With that, wura smilled and drifted off.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was six years ago Bernard began, sitting at the edge of Mary's bed while Mary stood afar.
I met Wuraola in the village where I served as a primary school teacher.
*Choose your words wisely* the Spirit advised.
We were attracted to each other and one thing led to another.
*Good.* the Spirit whispered again.
All through my university days, I never kept a partner, never had a love relationship and God had been faithful in preserving me but somewhere along the line I missed it.
I was already in my service year and God was silent about my marital life, I got scared, my mates were either engaged or married and no lady was forth coming except Wura so I decided to plan my future with her.
I found out later that she left the village and I've never seen or heard from her until she showed up at our gate with a boy.

Mary sniffed and asked the most important question.
Did you sleep with her?
Mary, you have to understand, it was not intentional.
Did you! Mary's voice shook with rage
Yes.
Yes I did and I'm sorry!
It was mistake!
Mary turned to face her husband who was now soaked in his own tears.
Was it before or after the doctor told us I won't be able to conceive?
No! Mary please I haven't even met you when all these happened, I'm telling the truth!
The truth? Do you, in your wildest imagination think I'll buy your story?
You're such a brilliant liar!
Ben went on his two knees.
Believe me Mary, Heaven is my witness
Don't you dare bring God into your mess!
Believe you?
Then why didn't you ever tell me about her before we married?
While we courted, I was completely honest with you, told you all about my past and secrets..why didn't you tell me about yours!!
Mary, I thought it all ended when she left the village, I thought it didn't matter anymore, I never knew she was pregnant.
Liar! you're nothing but a wicked soul!
You knew the doctor's report about my condition then you went all out to save your head, right?
No Mary, I love you and always will, I would never do anything to tear us apart.
You made this story up, please, just tell me the damn truth!
I am! This is just a blast from my past, believe me and let us trust God together to get through this please.

Leave my room, I need to be alone right now!
Bernard looked up surprised.
Get out or I will leave this house this minute!
Slowly like a sinful child, Bernard got up from where he knelt and headed for the door.
I love you Mary and that is why I will never sign those papers.
Mary closed her watery eyes and slammed the door.




Dear readers, it is said sometimes that, let your past remain in the past.
True, but not when you're about to begin a whole new world with your partner.
Now, who doesn't have a past?
But let's not forget the important point here: Bernard never had partner nor a love relationship, he grew worried and missed it.
Who, by worrying can add just one cubit to his stature?
None!
Worries takes away the hopes and helps you concentrate on the fears.
Remember, all things are working together for your good right now.
Hold still and keep believing. I tell you, you won't be ashamed in the name of Jesus.

Watch out for the next episode...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you