Friday, March 22, 2019

A Blast From The Past || Eniola Akindele || Episode Six.

Bernard looked over Wura's pale body and wondered what had happened to her over the years.
It's cervical cancer and it's gone wild, she came in late for treatment, we can slow it's progress but we can't stop it, I'm sorry Mr Justice. The doctors words rang in his ears again.

Ben quietly held her hands but wasn't careful enough, she opened her eyes.
Hi, Bernard greeted.
Copper Justice, she said smiling.
Wura, I'm no more a copper, just call me Ben.
I know, she coughed.
Where's Bayo?
In the doctor's office.
You shouldn't have brought him, I don't want him to see me like this, he's too young.
I know but he requested to see you today.
Hmmmmm, I'm sure you must be wondering why I left without saying goodbye.
But why Wura? Why did you leave like that. I had great plans for us.
I was young Ben, and I knew I could never fit in to your standard, you're a graduate!
I wanted to finish school like you, wanted to wear that uniform too.
Wura, you could have told me.
I couldn't because I knew you won't let me go, you were desperate for a partner, a wife and I wasn't ready.
Why didn't you tell me you were pregnant?
Wura smiled softly.
I never knew myself until I was two months gone.
What?
Yes Ben, I searched everywhere for you, It was then I learnt that you had completed your service.
My parents abandoned me when they knew I was pregnant, they thought I had gone into prostitution since I couldn't provide the father of my baby.
I'm deeply sorry Wura, I'm sorry for not searching for you, for putting you through these mess. I'm so sorry you had to go through it all alone.
Stop being sorry, Wura gently hit him.
I forgave you decades ago, Bayo has been my joy, I don't know if I'll get through this but please, don't abandon him.
Wura, I will never, ever loose him.
Thank you Ben, how is your wife holding up?
Well, she still doesn't believe me but I've decided to...
They were interrupted by Bayo's tiny cry.
You left my mommy alone? Bayo asked.
No, no, not at all. Bernard rushed to his side by the door.
Wura tried sitting up, her arms stretched forth to receive her son. Bayo ran into her embrace and cried the more.
Wura couldn't fight her tears, she let it pour.
I'm not going home again, I will stay here with my mommy.
No you can't, you will go home with daddy because I'm coming home soon.
Wura cleaned her tears before bayo looked up.
Are you sure?
Of course.
Daddy let's pray for mommy.
Bernard quickly rushed to their side, the three held hands and poured their heart out to God.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As they drove back home, Bernard's heart was heavy and bayo was staring out the window.
Is Wura really going to make it through? he wondered.
O Lord, she doesn't deserve death.
There is a time to every purpose under heaven.
What are you trying to say?
Will she live?
If not for anything, do it for Bayo.
You can heal cancer right?
Right
Then do it for your perf..
Unaware of an incoming vehicle, Bernard smashed into it and boom!
Daaaddddddyyyyyy! He heard his son scream.



Oh No!😱
What now?
Forgive while you still can. The next minute might just be impossible!
Let go of all that hurt and forgive.
Forgivness isn't for the one who offended. It's for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you