Sunday, August 10, 2014

Short Story: GOD IS GOOD

A King had a male servant who, in
all circumstances always said to
him; My king, do not be
discouraged because everything
God does is perfect, no mistakes.
One day, they went hunting and a
wild animal attacked the king, the
servant managed to kill the animal
but couldn't prevent his majesty
from losing a finger. Furious and
without showing gratitude,the
King said; if God was good, I
would not have been attacked and
lost one finger. The servant replied;
Despite all these things, I can only
tell you that God is good and
everything He does is perfect, He is
never wrong. Outraged by the
response, the king ordered the
arrest of his servant. Later, he left
for another hunt and was
captured by savages who use
human beings for sacrifice.

In the altar, the savages found out that
the king didn't have one finger in
place, he was released because he
was considered not "complete" to
be offered to the gods. On his
return to the palace, he authorized
the release of his servant and said;
My friend, God was really good to
me. I was almost killed but for lack
of a single finger I was let go. But I
have a question; If God is so good,
why did he allow me to put you in
jail?. He replied; My king, if I had
gone with you, I would have been
sacrificed because I have no
missing finger.
Everything God does is perfect, He
is never wrong. Often we complain
about life, and the negative things
that happen to us, forgetting that
nothing is random, and that
everything has a purpose.
May you have a Wonderful week ahead as you experience God's goodness in Jesus name

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you