Monday, January 12, 2015

What doesn't kill you...An Inspiring Testimony

Cyril, my fan and friend sent me this story and I'd love you to read up. here it is;

"My friend Hans Zimmer had a serious
motorcycle accident and lost the use of
his left hand.

"Fortunately I'm right handed," he
told me as he adroitly served me a cup
of tea. "It's amazing what I can do
with just one hand."

Despite the loss of his fingers, he
learned to fly an airplane in less than
a year. But one day, while flying over
a mountainous region, his plane had
engine problems and crashed. He
survived, but was paralyzed from head
to feet.

I visited him in the hospital. He
smiled at me. "Nothing that happens is
really of any importance," he said.
"What matters is what I decide to do
now!"

I was dumbfounded. I thought my
friend was just pretending, and that as
soon as I left he would start crying
and regretting his situation. That
might have been what he did on that
day, but he wasn't finished yet. Life
still had some fine surprises in store
for him.

He met the woman of his life during a
conference for handicapped people. He
invented a system of digital writing
that responded to voice commands. And
he sold millions of copies of a book
that he wrote about developing the new
system.

On the back cover he wrote this short
note: "Before becoming paralyzed, I
could do a million different things.
Now I can only do 990,000. But what
sensible person would worry about the
10,000 things he can no longer do,
while there are 990,000 things left?"

Positively yours,
Cyril"
__________

"What doesn't kill you makes you
stronger."
Epictetus

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you