Friday, January 23, 2015

CAN YOU LEARN?



We can’t know it all.  At some point in life most successful people figure out an important fact:  not only do they not know it all, they can’t know it all.  Any lawyer, physician, accountant or business executive can describe this phenomenon:  there is always more to know, to learn, to look up, another reference to check, journal article to read, stone to turn over for answers, future to predict...   

Being open-minded can be really tough sometimes. Most of us are brought up with a set of beliefs and values and, throughout our lives, tend to surround ourselves with people who share the same values and beliefs. Therefore, it can be difficult when we're faced with ideas that challenge our own and, though we may wish to be open-minded, we may struggle with the act of it from time to time. 

I'd like to say I'm a fairly open-minded person, but, like most people, I do have some pretty strong views about specific topics and find it hard to sway from those opinions -- no matter how others might try to persuade me. Of course, I fully believe that having strong beliefs can be a wonderful thing and I believe we should all stay true to what we believe in, but having strong beliefs doesn't have to mean having a closed mind. 

Though it can be tough to do sometimes, I've always found that when I open my mind, I've reaped a lot of rewarding benefits. There is much to be gained from opening the door to your mind and letting new ideas and beliefs come in. The more you know and discover, the more you find there is to know.

I'll end with this quote, “He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him.”

Remember, be open minded, learn something today and have an awesome weekend ahead. Thank God Its Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you