Friday, November 14, 2014

STUBBORN BULLS AND GOATS!

STUBBORN BULLS AND GOATS

Just recently,I finished killing three (3) very big,strong and stubborn Chickens,all in 10 to 15 minutes (Dont ask me what for..lol). I was all sweaty and a bit tired afterwards coz those guys have really grown, they are strong,they had muscles!..lol

And mehn!, it quickly brought to mind the Levitical priesthood of Israel. And I was like, 'Boy,is this how the Priests killed numerous bulls and goats for the many sins of Israel everyday?!' I could imagine! Israel, a stubborn people, around 1.3 million people, so rebellious. And then, for every of their sin, there was always a goat to slaughter, and a bull to kill!

Think of it! A GOAT, A BULL! Nobody likes to be compared to a goat! You know those animals are naturally stubborn, very strongwilled and strongheaded! I tried to travel back in time to view what it looked like. I killed 3 strong Chickens in a short space of time, and I was all sweaty. Imagine killing bulls and goats every blessed day for about 40 years! Even if not for 40years,close to it! Not for one, not for two, not for three persons! They must have killed at least a thousand everyday since there were about 1.3 million people travelling to Canaan at that time. 1000 might even be an understatement! Maybe I want to be merciful on them.

Those Priests must have built so much muscles doing that everyday!..lol. No matter how enjoyable the job will look at first, after sometime, it will surely bore them! They might be planning to take a rest after killing say 200 at a time, and as they are about to sit, another set of maybe liars, thieves and adulterers will just throng to the entrance again. And work begins.

Maybe they even made a roster for the 'Killing Time of Bulls and Goats'..Maybe they say, 'For thieves,come from the 6th to the 9th hour of the day. For adulterers, so you wont feel too ashamed, come in the 3rd watch of the night'..lol.

Many permutations! And I just kept thinking and broadening my imaginations to see various possibilities. But bottomline, IT MUST HAVE BEEN STRESSFUL!

That made me cherish the Sacrifice of my Jesus much more! It was a Once-And-For-All payment for my Sins.

"And every priest stands ministering daily and offering repeatedly the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins.

But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool.

For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified." (Hebrews 10:11-14).

No need to come back in the afternoon or evening coz it's not yet Killing Time.

No stress of resharpening the axe, knife, cutlass of whatever was used to kill the bulls and goats every time.

No need of cleaning the instruments of killing everytime after use!

No need of looking for where to get more bulls and goats since the ones in my flock have been exhausted due to my many sins!

No need to worry about scarcity or fee-hike of bulls and goats.

ALL GONE! ALL GONE!! ALL GONE!!!

BECAUSE OF THE SACRIFICE OF JESUS!

It was STRESSFUL yet it was NEEDFUL
It was PAINFUL yet it is GAINFUL
I was UNFAITHFUL but He is FAITHFUL
My bucket was SIN-FULL yet He is MERCY-FULL
Because He is GRACEFUL, I will forever be GRATEFUL!

WHAT AN EXCHANGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you