Thursday, November 6, 2014

Recognising and Walking in God's Will

The Word For Today

'Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.' Proverbs 3:6 NLT

Nothing matters more than recognising and walking in God’s will. When you don’t know His will, it can be a real source of insecurity. Knowing you’re walking in His will enables you to rise above the challenges life throws at you. The question is: does God intend us to know His will? If not, why bother searching? Let His Word settle the issue once and for all: ‘Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.’ There’s no vagueness there! ‘The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.’ (Psalm 37:23 NLT)



God will address even your smallest concern. So what do you need to discern it? Let’s consider some practical Bible principles: There’s no room for two wills. If you want God’s will, you must be prepared to surrender your own will. Jesus said, ‘As I listen to the Father, I make My judgments. My judgments are right because I don’t try to do what I want but what the One who sent Me wants.’ (John 5:30 GWT) Wills frequently clash, so there are choices you must make, and maintain, if you want to walk in obedience to God (Matthew 26:39). Begin your search by surrendering your will; then focus your heart and mind on God and His enlightening Word. Once you accept that He is the leader and you are the follower, it’s a lot easier to say, ‘I delight to do Your will, O…God… Your law is within my heart.’ (Psalm 40:8 NKJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you