Tuesday, October 14, 2014

A Virtuous Woman, Who Can Find?

In Smith Wigglesworth's life story, he said that he owed his ministry to his wife. Before he started preaching, he was in business as a plumber. He grew cold and didnt go to church much. He became quite cantankerous. He said to his wife one day, "You're up there at that church all the time. You might as well move your bed up there."
She said, "No, Smith, I'm not up there all the time. I'm up there about three times a week. I do not neglect you, and I do not neglect the children. You know that."

He said, "The Bible says that the man is the head of the house and that wives are to obey their husbands. So I'm telling you not to go to that church anymore."
She said, "You are my husband. Whatever you say here in the house goes. But you're not my Lord. Jesus is my Lord, and He said to go, so I'm going to church. Goodbye."
"I'm going to lock you out so you can't get back in!" He said. Evidently, she didnt have a key to the house. So he locked her out.

When she returned, she sat out on the back steps all night. He came downstairs the next morning and unlocked the door. It must have been cool because he found her all huddled up. She was leaning against the door, and when he opened it, she almost fell into the kitchen.
She got up smiling and laughing and said, "Dear, what would you like for breakfast?" She acted as if nothing had happened. She just loved him. Then he felt convicted.
Smith Wigglesworth said that if it hadn't been for his wife (used by God, of course), he would have never made it.
He became a great man of God. He was mightily used. And his wife had a big part in all of it. What if his wife had listened to him and quit going to church? They both would have backslid. Who knows where they would have ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you