Thursday, September 25, 2014

THE DAY GOD SLUMBERED...

I am a Father, a great Father. I have everything and I know everything. When there was nothing, all there ever was, was me. Yet I was not alone, I was never alone. I had a son, I had an heir. He was enough without everything. He was all without everyone. Everyday I watched. Every time I loved. I savour his presence, I cherish his person. He grew, I knew. He flew, I soared. He saw, I found. He loved, I feared. He went, I missed. He landed, I screamed.
For a while I thought giving him up was the worst but then I found that hanging him was unbearable. He was the only one as I was the only one. He wanted more as I needed more. He knew the prize and I hated the reason. None could truly see me but him, and none could really know him but me. He was mine, I was his. We were All, we are One, and we are yours if you will. Nothing really changed but something did happen. As a son with his father, the first begotten of his father, he lacked nothing except his siblings. I offered, He jumped. I cautioned, He begged. I waited, He hastened. I called, He answered. I planned, He fulfilled. I ruled, He reigned.

One day, that day, as I saw, as I planned, it finally occurred. My only son became my only payment. My vow and my voice. My door and my house. He surrendered, I released. He suffered, I groaned. He bled, I cried. He screamed, I thundered. He saved, I helped. He died, I slumbered. He turned SIN, I stayed GOD. He entered the grave, I followed. He set captives free, I received them up. He rose from the dead, I remained undying eternally. He is LIFE and I am HIM.

The hardest part is though I am God, the great and only wise God, I did the unbelievable. I could never forget, the tiny little details glued on my seat, the mercy seat. His blood flooded my throne, flowed pure and sinless as my Spirit hovers above and beneath. His blood kept cleaning, flowing, it never stops, as my Spirit kept bringing, building, we would never stop. To save, to redeem, to preserve, and to present his very best before me in the end without which I would not have been pleased, and all the agony it took would not have mattered anymore. I do not sleep, I do not slumber. To stay faithful, I stayed conscious and to know ahead, I had to see everything. But that fateful day, I thought I could watch, I thought I could stand it, and be still, but when he hung on the cross I trembled. When he said my name 'FATHER', I was cut, I ran with compassion towards him. But when he became SIN, I stopped, I could not touch, and when he died, I turned away. I slumbered for the first time ever. I could not look at him without doing nothing, I loved him so much, I love him too much.
But for him, my first begotten, my kingdom is full and expanding with SONS, with heirs of the same nature, and of the same image as mine. Till date, I hold a sacred grudge with that day, the night came too early, the sun went too far away, at exactly the sixth hour, the darkness became real enough to divide, separated the father and the well-pleasing son. The only night I have ever truly experienced at noon, the day God slumbered deliberately all hell went loosed for the debt to be paid fully.

Now He lives forever as I live for ever more. And I know assuredly that, that day will never dawn again and such night will never come again, that I will have to look away from any of mine, never will I sleep, never will I slumber for all things are now ACCOMPLISHED!

And he that sent me is with me; the Father hath not left me alone: for I do always those things that please him. John 8:29.
I and my Father are one. John 10:30.

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. Hebrews 13:5-6.
( Psalm 121:3-4, John 10:15,18,29 and Hebrews 5:5-10)

Courtesy,
Emuze Godfrey O.
Sir Godell Godellian.

3 comments:

  1. The day Jesus became sin for me to be called his righteousness. What a day indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masterpiece of life to the world. Keep up bro, the Lord is our strength!

    ReplyDelete


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you