Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WHY CAN'T I ALLOW HER PASS THE NIGHT IN MY ROOM? 


Balogun John Seyifunmi

 
A lady informed me one day that she
Was coming to pay me a visit. I told her she's
welcomed and that I would be expecting
her.
Then she said, 'I will be sleeping over o'. I
replied no problem, that I will make arrangement
with one of my fellowship
sisters or my neighbour so she could put
up with any of them for the night. She said she
wouldn't like that. Then I
asked to know what she wanted, she said
she would like to stay in my room.
I told her it won't be possible because I
don't allow ladies pass the night in my
room except they are in group of two, three, etc. in
which case I will leave the
room for them.

She told me it doesn't matter now and
that she's not having any ulterior motive;
and that she will ensure nothing happens. I replied
her and said, it really does
matter. Number one reason is that I am
representing Christ in my environment.
Will Jesus be in the same room overnight
with a lady He is not married to? Let
assume nothing happened, what do we tell or how
do we convince people that
sees the two of us come out from the
same room the following morning.
Definitely that's an appearance of evil that
the Bible instructs us to abstain from. Secondly, let
assume we didn't touch
each other in the night, will our hearts still
remain pure? Won't it be filled with lustful
thoughts? What then was my response? I told her
all
those things I described above. At this
point, she was bored. Then she decided
she wasn't going to come again if I won't
allow her sleep in my room. I replied and
said that's OK by me, she may not bother to
come. That was not the first experience I've had
over the years. The temptation comes in
aliquot. But one thing had kept me; I will
not do anything I'm convinced Christ will
not do. 

Cohabitation is very common among
campus people these days, even among
brothers and sisters in the church. Allowing a lady
who is not yet your wife to
pass the night in the same room with you
is like tempting the Devil to destroy you. It
is like scoring a goal for the other team. Sister,
allowing 'Bro' to sleep in the same
room with you is one of the signs of
compromise of virtue and backsliding. Let's keep
the standard high. Holiness of
heart and life is still the key into the
kingdom of Heaven. Being engaged is not the
same as being
married. He's not authorised to touch your
body until he has paid your bride price. The
beginning of backsliding is little little
compromise. Let's hold on. Purity pays for
life and eternity. I've made up my mind to be a
Christian, I
mean a Christian... Not an hypocrite!
What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you