Monday, May 4, 2015

Corper's Diary; AJUWAYA 003 by Olokunde Olanrawaju

AJUWAYA 003.

Wow!!!

Its a great morning... Travelling mood on point for the incoming otondos as camp officially opens tomorrow.

My prayer.....
May the Lord go ahead of us and make our crooked paths straight. He will bear us on eagles wings so that we won't dash our foot against a stone.... Deut 31 vs 8.
The blood of Jesus will clear the way for us and none of us will be missing.(amen).

This morning, I wanna share something I believe will be helpful as we start our orientation camp tomorrow....

When I got my call up letter and saw that I was posted to Kwara, out of joy and naivety,  I immediately started finding relevant information about kwara state and Yikpata camp from past corpers, blogs and friends..(as I believe that mental preparation apart from  spiritual preparation plays a great role for any successful living)

I believe I'm not the only one who did this as must of us would have make findings about our state of service and camp present condition....

Hmmmmmm......... "Kwara state don't pay corpers, the camp is in the forest surrounded by different reptiles, no toilet, na shotput sure pass, the soldiers are very strict" are some of the "shockers" that greeted my reticular activating system....

Discouraged a bit especially by the fact that kwara state dont pay corpers(who no like money???😄)

But as I sat down to meditate...

I realized that if I focus my mind on the things I can not control, I have only signed a contract with frustration..

I can't control the fact that kwara state government don't pay corpers but I can control how I manage my finances..

I can't control the fact that some ladies will deliberately or innocently dress carelessly and provocatively in camp...(I'm flesh and blood with testosterone) However, I can control my eyes, my thought and emotion and love them the way Christ loved me when I was yet a sinner. 

I can't control the fact that the condition of the camp might not be too conducive and homely but the decision to be happy or sad lies within me.

I realized that the things I can control are inside(my thought, my emotion, my decision and disposition)  and the things I can't control are outside...

I realized that life is only a mirror.... That what if finds in my heart is what it reflect in my circumstances.

I realized that what I expect is what I attract...

I realized that what I believe with utmost conviction becomes my ultimate reality...

Therefore, I decided to respect this revelation more than the acquired information.

I chose to respect this truth more than the acquired facts..

Oh!!!!!

Its a new day for someone reading this. God is already changing your mindset as I believe you are going to your state of service with positive expectation, aspiration and anticipation.....(Amen)

Don't forget...... As a man thinks in his heart, so is he!!!
(You can read Numbers 13 and glean wisdom from the experience of the 12 spies)

I can't wait to hear your testimony and share mine with you....

Happy Day!!!

Olokunde Olanrewaju®

1 comment:


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you