Monday, February 1, 2021

Vanity of Vanities

I started using a more professional service for my hair cut since 2013 when I got tired of those treating my head like a farmland. I mean, these guys are done before you sit and when you look in the mirror, you see someone God didn't design. These guys aren't barbers! They are grass cutters! 
No attention to details. They just scrape!

A fellow then asks me, how much is this nice haircut and I say 1k. He says, 'A whole 1k for just haircut, hmmm...vanity of vanities.'
I said, 'You didn't complete that verse o! It is vanity of vanities ALL is vanity!' Eccl.1:2

That means my 1k haircut and his 100naira haircut are both VANITY! But I've chosen the best of the vanities! Lol
You may see a Mercedes AMG C63 and call it vanity.

You are right! But you see, that car that also breaks down every two two minutes like abiku is also vanity! So if I have an opportunity to choose between both vanities, I will choose Mercedes AMG C63 o!
KFC pack is vanity but rice kolobe (without stew) is also vanity! Anytime, any day, I will choose the vanity of KFC pack!

That fine Italian shoe is vanity, I agree but the one done under the roof of Ebele Chineke & Sons, that yawns and gasps as you walk is also vanity. I think I will choose the vanity of Italian shoes!

There's a school that teaches children how to speak fluently and exposes them to creative thinking but costs more and I can afford. It is vanity! But there is another school that makes children retarded and costs nothing but being a citizen.
This is also vanity! But I prefer the first school o!

In short, I agree all is vanity. I'm just trying to pick the best of the vanity whenever I can.



2 comments:

  1. Wow. I love this, choose your vanity wisely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that again.
      What is worth doing at all, is worth doing well

      Delete


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you