Saturday, March 3, 2018

MY LOVE STORY By Gbemisola Soyemi


I was a bit surprised when Adeposi called me that Thursday evening
and said he was at the junction of my house. Twenty minutes later, I
heard his knock on my door and I let him in. After exchanging
pleasantries, Adeposi told me he came to ask for forgiveness and to
tell me that he would be getting married in two months time.

A couple of months before then, our relationship was crumbling, but
as at that Thursday evening, we had not even talked about going our
separate ways.
Our relationship was six years and four months, and both family
and friends were expecting us to get married soon(I was hoping for
that as well). All along, I never knew that my Adeposi was dating
another lady in his office. The most painful part was that this lady
knew me and was aware of my relationship with Adeposi. And alas, they
were getting married in two months.
After he gave the news of his upcoming wedding, tears rolled down
my cheeks, which I tried to control. Ending a six years relationship
was enough for me to bear; but how do I handle the fact that he would
walk down the aisle with another lady in two months time?

While we
were still dating, anytime Adeposi gets me angry, I could keep staring
at him all day. And that alone was just enough for me to make him feel
the guilt. But on this Thursday evening, it was different. Instead of
just staring, I was doing three things at a time-focusing on him,
shedding tears and talking. I was looking directly at him to make him
feel guilty; shedding tears because I had to express my pain; and
talking because I felt I needed to be heard too.
I spent about twenty minutes doing those, after which I turned my
back against him, facing the wall. In the next two to three minutes,
none of us uttered a word. As I turned to tell him to leave my house,
I saw him on his kneels, and he said “I need your forgiveness, please
forgive me”. At that point, I totally forgot the meaning of the word
“forgive”. The only thing I could think of, was to tell him to leave
my house, which I did. Immediately he left, the unsteady dam holding
back my tears collapsed, and the floodgates opened. I almost cried my
eyes out.
He called me twice the next day, still talking about forgiveness,
and I pleaded with him not to call me again. Some days after, I got to
know through a friend that he was actually getting married in three
weeks time.
At first, I was confused, but I eventually confirmed from
a reliable source. It was true. Another deceit!
Considering the fact that I spent almost seven years of my life in
a deceit-filled relationship, I had to think more than twice before
digesting that word “forgive”.

There were a lot of things I could not
do for almost a year after the incidence, because I was disorganized.
But one thing I did and I was glad I did, was that I moved on. My love
story transformed from bad to good. Now I am confident to tell my
story, because I moved on.

1 comment:

  1. Nice story line. I love the fact that she moved on. Some will be stuck in that past, talking about it for years and not able to see the good side of their predicament.

    ReplyDelete


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you