Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Land of Illusions

What happens when ‘real’ meets ‘imaginary’?
Or when you fall in love with a joke?
They both turn out the same way,
Fading away quickly when you come close enough.
A mirror on a bed of stone, a mirage to taunt the sight.
It sends cold shivers drifting down my spine,
because I was finding it hard to move forward,
Then I realized I had lost my drive.
My mind, teeming with ideas, like puzzle pieces
… But none seem to fall in perfect sync,
around a line of best fits.
A world brightened by fragile light sources, fireflies.
With sand dunes on the oceans
And tidal waves in the deserts.
Reality splashes me with rocks and crushes me with water.
image
These thoughts came bubbling out of the deep,
Like rubble rolling down the mountainside, steep.
They take on different roles,
What I call a play on words,
Each character, epic in its own special way.
The game, the gain, the pain – insane, the way the play is made, dismays the sane.
Hitting me with a wave of deep heat, reality.
It didn’t fit in with the hit list till it deemed us fit to sip its chilled drink of understanding, comprehension.
“This is my own version of events”, Sande.
Like Eminem, I can’t help but think I came into the world at a time when it was in need of a villain.
It turns out, I’m just a lonely hero, just trying to fight my battles, a war of notes.
But this is just a bunch of keys, rattling through the very fabric of reality,
Resounding throughout time and space,
On a piano, ivory and ebony,
We live together in perfect harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you