Monday, February 19, 2018

THE DAY MY STUPIDITY SAVED ME OF A BROKEN ARM - Oluwaseun David ADEPOJU

Walking through a popular semi ghetto in Ibadan in 2012, I noticed that some street roughians were gathered on the main street thereby making it tedious for people to pass.

I managed to pass through their rank when one of them called me a stupid person for walking through their rank. I asked him if it was right for them to stand on the main road. He called me stupid again. I looked at myself and looked at them, I noticed that we were world apart. They were just looking for who to fight. I walked away. Afterall, we know who was stupid here.

Before I walked away with the insult, another guy had started dragging with them when of them also called him stupid. The guy was well dressed and looked prim. He was replying them verbally and shouting with them. Before we knew what was happening, they pounced on him and a fight broke out. People gathered to intervene in less than 2minutes but the deed has been done. They broke the young man's right arm already with a heavy flow of blood from his nose and his head.

 The lesson here:
 1. Always know your worth when it comes to some people. They will do things that will make you angry but see them as those who have their yam burnt already and they are looking for those who will bring their fresh yams for burning as well.

2.Eagles don't play with chickens. Never waste your energy on those who just want to drag your dignity into the mud.

3. Verbal abuse don't reduce your monthly salary neither will it reduce who you are. Walk away from trouble makers. It is good to be stupid for some people because where you are going is far. They have reached their own destination and their destination is to debar others from going forward.
Be stupid. It pays

No comments:

Post a Comment


Whats your take on this? Do you have other tips you would like to contribute to this? Pls, let me hear from you via comments. Thank you